- Zealand Immigration
- Date : October 09 2021
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) has introduced some changes to give more certainty to people living and working in New Zealand with the Essential Skills Work Visa (ESWV).
This is great news – the changes extend the maximum duration for some visa holders to two years, get rid of the need for a labour market test in some conditions, and get rid of the requirement to repeatedly supply medical and police certificates to INZ.
Maximum visa duration
The maximum duration of the ESWV is now 24 months for those being paid below the median wage (currently $27 per hour), raised from the previous maximum duration of 12 months.
The new duration will be applied to ESWV applications that have already been submitted, and the 12-month stand-down period will not begin until the end of the 24 months.
ESWVs for those being paid above the median wage continue to be valid for three years.
Labour market test
Employers no longer need to do a labour market test for applicants who work full time (30 hours or more) and are applying for a further visa to work in the same role they are currently in – as long as it’s for the same employer and in the same region.
As an employer, you no longer need to show evidence of ‘genuine attempts’ to recruit New Zealanders. As an employee, you no longer need to provide evidence you are suitably qualified for a job you’re already doing.
Medical and police certificates
Applicants no longer need to provide medical and police certificates if you have already supplied these with a previous visa application.
For more information about ESWV applications and eligibility, or help with applying for an ESWV for yourself or your employee, contact Zealand Immigration today. Our knowledgeable professionals can give advice and help you supply all the correct information for the best chance at a successful visa application.
- How To Choose Right Student Visa Consultant
- Everything You Need To Know about Accredited Employer Work Visa For New Zealand
- The Benefits Of Hiring Migrant Workers On An AEWV
- New Zealand Tourist Visa Requirements for Indians
- What Can You Do On An Accredited Work Visa?
- An Ultimate Guide To New Zealand Student Visa
- Your Step-by-Step Guide to the New Zealand Immigration Visa Application Process
- How To Choose A Good Employment Advocate in New Zealand?
- New Zealand AEWV Vs Other Visas: Which is Right for You?
- 5 Things To Consider While Choosing Immigration Adviser In New Zealand
- Points To Keep In Mind For New Zealand Work Visa Interview
- Complete Tour About Employer Accreditation